Thursday, July 9, 2015

Carpe Diem #772 Taki (Waterfall)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

The prompt for today will be familiar, because Taki (or waterfall) I have used earlier, it even was the very first prompt ever here at CDHK and we saw "taki" in our Time Machine feature and in last May when we were on the trail with Basho. So this must be an easy to do prompt, but it can also be a difficult one, because of the several reprises of this prompt.

I first love to share the first ever haiku which I wrote for CDHK on September 21st 2012:

waterfall of colors
leaves whirl through the street -
departing summer

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Amrit Sinha (than known as Green Speck) was the very first haiku poet who submitted a haiku for CDHK:

the stars rain tonight,
angels clap in sheer delight,
waterfall of light

(c) Amrit Sinha



Last May, as we were on the trail with Basho, I shared a haiku written by Basho (it was part of his haibun "The Small Road into the Deep North":

shi baraku wa taki ni komoru ya ge no haijime

for a while
secluded behind the waterfall
summer retreat begins

(c) Basho

And this was one of my haiku inspired on this haiku by Basho:

the sound of water
soothing - like meditating
behind the waterfall

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Isn't it great? The (a) waterfall can be so inspirational. Just hearing its sound, feeling its coolness, its crystal clear water ... awesome!

I had to create an all new haiku for this theme ... and I gave it a thought and came up with this one:

hot summer day
naked in the waterfall
ah! that coolness

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Imagine this scene ... ah that coolness, almost to cold ... gives me the goose bumps.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 12th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, mugiwara boushi (straw hat), later on. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. What would we do without the daily dose of CDHK! A very fine posr, all haik so good, and those phrases we gave come to know....''Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers...'' and ''I first love to---'' and "I will try to publish our next episode...'' I think I arrived in October 2012, I can't remember how. I know Mark was there. Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post, Chevrefeuille ---
    You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CDHK - always an inspiration, and a wonderful platform :-)

    ReplyDelete