Sunday, April 20, 2014

Carpe Diem #453, kite


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our prompt is kite and I think you all know enough about kites, so no big post today, because of a busy birthday today, I became 51, with all my family. So I only will post a haiku inspired on this prompt. And ofcourse share the one by Jane Reichhold.

a kite
raising from sea mists
rainbow colors

watercolor class
the painted blue sky
becomes a kite


Credits: Kite

What a beautiful haiku Jane wrote about kites and I found that picture somewhere on the Internet. 
When I was a child I loved kiting and nowadays it's a joy to go out kiting with my grabdchildren. Mostly we try to make one ourselves, but ... well ... sometimes we have to go shopping for a kite (smiles).

against the blue sky
climbs an ancient dragon-kite
towards the sun


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Children kiting

Kiting is an ancient Japanese or Chinese kind of play and in those countries they make the best and the most beautiful kites on earth I think.

between green leaves
the colorful face of a dragon
kite-line broke

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Caught in a tree

Well ... it has become a not so short post as I had planned, but well ... it was a joy to make it for you all.
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 23th 11.59 AM (CET). I will try to post our next episode, another CD Special by Soen Nakagawa, later on today. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at our Haiku Kai.
!! Visit also my new weekly haiku-meme at Haiku Shuukan !!


5 comments:

  1. wishes of birthday --
    your grandson's colorful hands
    on pages

    wishing you happy b'day Kristjaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! All the best... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristaan; Happy Easter to you and yours; and wishing you all the best on your birthday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second haiku by Jane Reichhold is just wonderful... and so are the ones written by you.
    Many Happy Returns of the Day, Kristjaan. :-)

    ReplyDelete