Sunday, January 5, 2014

Carpe Diem's Tanka Shrine #3, Geraldine's "Ice slowly recedes"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to share another wonderful Tanka with you for your inspiration to write an all new Tanka as is the goal of this feature "Tanka Shrine".
As I was preparing this new episode of our Tanka feature I ran into a wonderful Tanka written by Geraldine of "My Poetic Path". This Tanka was her first attempt to write a Tanka and I think she did a great job. I have asked her permission to use it, but didn't recieve an answer right now, but I was so anxious to use this Tanka ... so I hope she will grant me her permission later on.

ice slowly recedes
geese explore the warming lake
sunshine lights the scene
winter's debris now in view
cleansing rain to follow soon

(c) Geraldine of "My Poetic Path"



Geese on Frozen Lake

Well ... what do you think? A great Tanka isn't it ... now it's up to you to write an all new Tanka inspired on the one I gave of Geraldine.
By the way Tanka follows a classical syllables-count (5-7-5-7-7), but you don't have to follow that rule. Just feel free ...

My attempt to write an all new Tanka:

departing geese
King Winter is on his way
snow and frost will come
cherry blossoms bloom again
the sound of geese returning back

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Geraldine has given me permission to use this tanka by her, but she would like to see her original photo-haiga in this post. Of course I love to share her Photo-haiga with you all.




And now it's up to you, my dear friends. This episode of Carpe Diem's Tanka Shrine will stay on until January 26th 11.59 AM (CET) and is NOW OPEN for your submissions. Have fun, be inspired and share your Tanka with us all here at our Haiku Kai.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Just stopped by to see my tanka. It's fine to share it here, but I'd prefer you use it as I posted it, including the photo.

    Nice to find your blog. Adding you to my blogroll today.

    Also, if you review books, let me know. I have two haiku books at Amazon. You can email me at: veggiecook at myway . com if you are interested in getting a Kindle review copy for one of these books. If you stop by over at MPP again, all my books are on sidebar.

    Happy Week, Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really two beautyfull tanka... lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete