Thursday, December 19, 2013

Carpe Diem #353, Awake in a Dream


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are on our way to Christmas and are following the path of Advent ... here in The Netherlands it's raining and the temperatures are to high for this time of year, but that's very common here the climate is changing and our Dutch winters become softer and our summers warmer. In this time of year we look back and try to look forward ... I have had a wonderful year, of course there were ups and downs, but over all I had a great year. Carpe Diem has become a nice haiku-family and it's a joy to bring you all these every day prompts for your inspiration. Sometimes the prompts are just words, or images, or haiku, but this month it's all musical prompts by Adrian von Ziegler, a young promising Swiss musician.
I had a dream ... to create a community for haiku-poets and with Carpe Diem I succeeded in that and sometimes it feels still like a dream ... as Iread all your comments and lovely reactions on my post ... this haiku-family feels like a warm embrace and I cherish that every day again. Thank you all for your love and kindness. Thank you all for your daily effort to write and share haiku with Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Today I love to share a nice little piece of music. Adrian von Ziegler says about this piece of music [..] I wanted to write a piece of music that describes the feeling of being completely immersed in a dream world, a dream that reaches out into reality like a veil of smoke until it covers all. A piece of music that attempts to lull reality itself into a deep slumber. [..]

And if you listen to this music it will easily bring you to sleep, it's fragile and therefore a very strong lullaby. Have fun listening to this music, this lullaby and be inspired to write a haiku, senryu, tank or kyoka about it.





A wonderful music-video created on the music of Adrian by Rubia Lima ... I hope this music will inspire you to write haiku.

It inspired me to write the following haiku:

deep within a dream
awakens a new world of love -
snowdrops bloom


Now it's up to you my dear friends. This episode will be open for your submissions until December 21th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Alvae, later on today. !! Awake in a Dream is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!


6 comments:

  1. Very expressive haiku Chèvrefeuille! And interesting prompt. I just could not take it where I wanted to, but was culturally interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a glockenspiel playing. A heavenly, dreamy sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haiku..and such a lovely piece you've chosen today. Thanks so much for another great prompt and may your work continue to give you much satisfaction! Seems that my former comments came over as Anonymous because I used my WordPress account...so sorry that so many comments have gone lost! Now I will use the Google account since I've discovered what the problem has been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, dreamy music - loved your image of snowdrops blooming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dreamy music - and your image of snowdrops blooming. :)

    ReplyDelete