Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Carpe Diem #283, Hidden Places


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What an awesome month we have this month. All the wonderful music by Karunesh, which I love to listen too, and I will missed it I think. Just a few days to this month and then we will start with an all new month full of classical Japanese autumn kigo. I am looking forward to that new month.
A few days ago I launched our new feature "distillation" and I have read wonderful distilled haiku and I hope you all will give it a try ... it's just fun and so like the classical haiku-poets way to write their haiku.

Today I have another wonderful musical video for you all with a nice piece of music by Karunesh it's called Hidden Places and it's about wonderful places around the world. I think that everyone has a favorite (and maybe hidden) place somewhere on our beautiful world. I have a wonderful "hidden"  place here in The Netherlands and I love to share that with you all.
In Leiden we have a Hortus Botanicus and in that garden they have made a wonderful Japanese Garden with awesome Japanese trees, bushes and flowers ... it's really a wonderful place to be and it's a very inspiring place.

Hortus Botanicus Leiden The Netherlands, Japanese Garden

Japanese Garden
place to be silent
inspiration grows


OK ... back to our episode of today. I love to share the following music video by Karunesh. This video is made by Christy Andreii. So lean back listen to the music and watch the video. Let it inspire you to write your haiku.




This prompt will stay on 'till August 30th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will try to publish our next episode, Endless Skies,  later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). !! Hidden Places is now open for your submissions !!


4 comments:

  1. I love the quiet in Japanese gardens. Your haiku made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely oriental garden photo ~ and lovely music ~ Happy Day, carol, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your poem suggests that a garden, with paths leading to hidden places , is also a place to find the stillness hidden within. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted the Tan Renga on my blog...but missed posting it here...
    life must have got me 'cause I was so wrong about the date ! Missed
    a meeting too thinking it was tonight not last nite !

    But, I did get today's posted...a toughy for me.brain sprain.☺
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete