Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Carpe Diem #92, whale



Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

A miracle has happened today (1/9) ... I received a phone-call  form the hospital. My mom doesn't need heart surgery they gonna 'dotter' her. I don't know the English translation of 'dotteren', but I believe they are gonna place stents in the heart veins to let flow the blood again. Later on today we will be at the hospital and than the cardiologist and surgeon are giving us the information on this 'event'.
OK ... let's go to our prompt for today 'whale' a wonderful creature which is still in danger because of the whale-hunt.




These wonderful creatures are a joy to look and listen at ... this mammal is one of the oldest animals on earth ... we have to cherish that and learn from it. Whales are very wise mammals and they can sing wonderful.


song of the whale
resonates in my heart
an old spirit

an old spirit
travelling around the world
wise man whale


This prompt will stay on 'til January 11th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next Carpe Diem Special, a haiku by Shiki, later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). I haven't chosen a haiku already so that will be a kind of surprise. Sorry ...

For closure: I have granted our Carpe Diem Award for the most valuable haijin of December 2012  YerPirate of Tea with a Pirate for his wonderfully composed haiku which he has shared with us all.


Congratulations YerPirate




10 comments:

  1. This is good news, Kristjann. I am happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your winner was well chosen. I enjoy his work very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kristjaan
    I have learnt more through haiku on these pages than could be imagined, especially during these tense times. Your granting of most valuable haijin of December 2012 to me is received truly as an honour and with respect, on the same day that your news concerning your mother appears to be better. That good fortune just makes everything shine..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy for your happy news about your mom, Kristjaan: God has listened to our prayers, He always does and there are miracles everyday.
    Dutch "Dotteren": Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) also called Angioplasty.
    PCI is an operation to unblock the heart’ s blood vessels.
    "Dotteren" is the wonderfully straightforward Dutch word for ‘percutaneous coronary intervention or angioplasty’ – the process of restoring blood flow through the heart by using a stent or inflatable balloon to widen the arteries. The word comes from Charles T. Dotter, the American doctor who is credited with inventing the first ever stent (which was implanted in a dog) in 1969.
    ........
    Well, about your precious haiku, it shows your joy singing with whales.
    :)))


    ReplyDelete
  5. good news about your mom.....I could feel some peace in your cascade...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the interpretation of the whale as an old, wise soul..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great news about your Mother Kristjaan.
    I love your cascade today. The whale does indeed seem like a wise man...with an amazing connection to us mere humans. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So thankful you have gotten good news! Will keep the prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that everything goes well with you mum. I remember that we used "dottern" in German, but the term has been abandoned. Charles T. Dotter has been a pioneer in angioplasty and so the term has been coined. Nowadays one puts a stent after dilating the artery.
    I like whales very much. But somehow with whales and dolphins I always have to think of the atrocities done to them. Anyway, as I'm quite busy right now I appreciated the break. Thanks, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am happy to hear of your mom's good news.
    Will continue to keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete